We are excited to welcome new and established patients back into our practice! Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you:
- Pre-appointment COVID questionnaire to be completed prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
- New Arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
- Touchless Payment arrangements and account management in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment. Please create your account via our IOM Patient Connect.
- Recording temperature and non-invasive pulse oximetry (lung efficiency) of every patient upon entering the office as well as every team member each day at the beginning and end of the work period.
- An oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs via droplets or aerosols.
- Maintain social distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic. Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- New personal protection equipment (PPE) including visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- COVID-19 Testing of IOM team members – bi-weekly testing of all teams to monitor COVID status is performed regularly.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Providing Teledentistry options for consults, follow up lab reports, or other communication that can be done online or through video education. To inquire, email us at email@example.com
- Protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced HVAC disinfection with HEPA Filtration units.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Providing more educational materials for patients and staff to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic. This includes extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.